Blog created for professional practice 2 module

Perhaps the end?

Professional Practice Rationale

Blogg

Although I initially resisted the idea of having a blogg and also being forced to sign up to the social networking site facebook in order to fully participate in the module this initial resistance all due to my technological ineptitude. I have found the overall experience quite useful in the ways it has helped me to keep abreast with what’s going on with my peers in terms of the organization of the exhibition and also where they are with there own practices. I have also found keeping a blog has helped me keep a track of my artistic jaunts. Reflection after the events has led me to consider what it was about the exhibitions and performances that I have seen that appealed and in some cases failed to appeal to me, and made me consider these strengths and weaknesses in terms of my own work

I never did work out how to do some things with the blogg like imbed video, include links, etc but in terms of personal progress I am not disappointed overall.

I am unsure as to whether I will keep the blogg up after the assessment but would like to think that I would keep it as a record for posterity is nothing else.

In the future I intend to use the blogger site to make a gallery page for my work, for the purpose of the personal hyperlink from the ‘Lost Property’ I have chose to stay with my Saatchi page as it’s already there easily updatable and I am quite happy with the format.

Audiences

I have found the audiences meetings very informative, learning about the arts organizations operating in the area, and also learning of some of the difficulties which may arise as we enter into the world of the practicing artist, as well as the practicalities of putting on a group show.

Also by joining LVAF an act initiated by the audiences discussions’ myself and Melanie have been offered some educational wing of the ‘Owl Trail’ project which will hopefully lead to further opportunities as the organisation develops

Marketing

I haven’t particularly spoken about my marketing role on my blogg as most of the planning issues have been raised and resolved face to face amongst members of the group.

Within the group I was delegated the task of helping to produce flyers. Myself and Amy worked together on producing a silkscreen to use for overprinting appropriated flyers with the logo for the show devised between Michael and Johnny.

The initial intention was to hand these on however due to the not so small encumbrance of the law regarding littering and the necessity to acquire a flyer pass for such an activity, the handing out of flyers never came to pass however they were left in strategic places, and will be available at the show with details of the website.

Conclusion

The force behind this module was to take part in the organization and delivery of a group show. Despite the lack of input from some of those taking part the show, as I write this rationale is very much on course to achieve all of our aims. To have a successful private view on Thursday 13th generating as much interest from members of the public and our peers as possible followed by a three day show over the weekend commencing Friday the 14th which we will all be taking responsibility for looking after.

No comments:

Post a Comment